The Project Manager is responsible for planning, communicating, and coordinating other internal teams to ensure successful execution and completion of multiple large scale woodworking projects. The duties of this job require a high degree of specialized expertise and skill in maintaining established standards of quality and accuracy. Drive, determination and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results that meet these established criteria are necessary for successful job performance. The job environment is structured and job expectations are clear. While the pace of the work is faster than average, quality is never compromised. The focus of communication and organizational relationships is based on technical expertise. The work requires specialized technical problem solving and ingenuity while working within approved organizational systems and technology, and the demonstration of the values of integrity, quality and caution. New ideas and concepts are also important but will be carefully analyzed before communication and adoption. When the job involves managing others, there is a need to exercise the necessary authority to assure policies and procedures are followed and time frames are met. At the same time, it will be necessary to give others structured opportunity to develop their own expertise and capability for quality work to assure effective delegation and shared responsibility for work output. It is expected that coaching and training support for achieving effective delegation will be required. The position encompasses a defined span of control and opportunity for someone who engenders trust, demonstrates a sense of urgency and assures consistent achievement of quality standards. The work requires making decisions that support company guidelines authoritatively and quickly.
• Varied activities
• Multiple simultaneous projects
• Fast-paced environment
• Technical analytical focus
• Work within established standards and guidelines
• Expertise-based problem solving
• Authoritative quick decision making within defined span of control based on accepted quality standards, policies and procedures
• Communication is task based & technically oriented
• Team roles are clearly defined
• Collaboration is focused on specific tasks or problems
• Leadership based on specialty expertise
• Directive leadership to assure quality standards are met
• Delegation infrequently required, and when required, close follow-up is essential
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Has overall managerial responsibilities for all assigned projects from award/handoff to completion
• Consults with clients, vendors, and designers to request additional information and clarification on project requirements, scope, and design discrepancies
• Develops & maintains relationships with vendors & customers
• Works closely with customers to determine and collaborate on schedule, job flow, and durations of activities
• Determines milestone and target dates for information and activities, clearly communicate these dates to the customer and preform follow up with customers to obtain information when needed
• Responsible for managing customer expectations
• Responsible for timely submittals required by the specifications
• Works closely with Drafting & Engineering team to develop accurate shop drawings prior to submission to customer and prior to release for production
• Determine and plan accordingly for long lead time material items as well as extended production timelines due to size or nature of complexity
• Responsible for obtaining all field dimensions or coordinating the collection of this data
• Responsible for releasing project information by required dates to ensure timely product delivery
• Supports Production Team by ensuring project information is released and interpreted accurately for timely product delivery
• Supports Production Team and Installation Team by planning and communicating product shipments for installation efficiency
• Supports Installation Team by ensuring jobsites are ready and flow of installation is efficient
• Works closely with Installation Team by foreseeing and communicating jobsite issues
• Responsible for maintaining or bettering Project budgets for materials and labor
• Performs critical oversight function for the company
• Find ways to increase efficiency, productivity, and throughput
• Will be in direct contact with other managers to improve workflows and minimize points of friction
• Good communication is required
• Foresight is required
• Attention to detail is required
Two-year degree, or higher, from a technical school or university, is required
Relevant experience can be considered an equivalent to a degree
• Five or more years’ experience within the woodworking, manufacturing, or construction industry is preferred
• Extensive prior experience in and strong business knowledge of the construction and woodworking industry required.
• Project Management requires a high level of proficiency in each of the following software programs: o Project Management software – Innergy
o Drawings software – Bluebeam
o Spreadsheet software – MS Excel o Word Processing software – MS Word
o Email & Calendar software – MS Outlook
o Internet software – Windows/Internet Explorer, Google Chrome
*Innergy & Bluebeam training available
Language and Mathematical Skills
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, customers, and vendors.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
• Strong ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; mentally, hand-and-paper, and calculator.
• Strong ability to compute rates, ratios, percentages, variances, margins, markups.
• Strong knowledge and application of geometry.
Remote Work Capabilities
• This position has the ability to go fully remote